Sunday 22 June 2008

Like an Orchid in Full Bloom

Exotic, they called me-
Not quite knowing how else
To pigeonhole this unknown quantity
That was me.

Aeons of Aryan thinking?
Or perhaps my intensity
Flummoxed them?

Unnerved, though mute-
I was their clothes peg
Unmoved, yet alive
To their varying opinions.

Dusky and attractive; Compliments?
Though, no beauty, she-
(Ah! I might get complacent, eh?)

My body, lithe and supple
With my face, exotic?
My assets, they thought-
That sold, haute couture!

Vacant, my expression, perhaps-
But never my soul!
This is not my life's calling;
I know, there is more to me,
Than fills your lascivious eye-

Then why?

A witty rejoinder, I give you none:
For, if my silence you cannot comprehend
My words, you never will!

To you, I shall ever be
That orchid in full bloom!





21 June, 2008

3 comments:

  1. For, if my silence you cannot comprehend
    My words, you never will!

    To you, I shall ever be
    That orchid in full bloom!



    This is stupendously saying everything in these quote part.I am really like a big J now hehe.

    Contextually this poem is very different from the relation ones you write ,the subtler angles of love can never be shared but to be transmitted mutely .If that happens only superficially then its always like an orchid that bloomed in full but the inner wishes never did.

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For, if my silence you cannot comprehend
    My words, you never will!"

    Very well said. Someone special this side, always keep saying that to me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!! Everything else has been said. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...