Tuesday 11 March 2008

Staying Young!

She wants to go to the Park-
Demanding. I give in.
It's that little girl again,
I see, on the swing!

Hair flying behind,
Screaming her way to the top!
Hooting all the way back,
Egging me on, to push
Her further up!

Indulgent, I give in,
Again-
With a warning:
"
The last time, now...!"

And... as she comes down
(Having gone further up!)
She leaps off
And lands
On me!
Knocking the breath out-
Of both of us!

Instinctively, I hold her,
Tightly-
Closely;
For I hold my universe
In the circle of my arms!

Giggling, rubbing noses-
Breath mingles!
What a moment!

The magic intensifies
When I thank God, that
We never changed inside;
We never grew older;
Than our beautiful
Grandchildren!

Laughing around us!



Usha, 11 March, 2008

1 comment:

  1. that embraces the term being young from heart and plays around it so well...Thankfully so.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...