Wednesday 6 February 2008

Isolation...no more



Conflicts, thoughts, emotions
swirled around in me, in a
forceful frenzy-
paralyzing me for an eternal instant;
hurting me, crushing me...

mocking my reverence for Life.

The storms of these painful feelings
alienated me from everyone-
leaving me lonely, to face the world
Desolately.

All around me eyes gazed
with obvious contempt and blank unreason

for letting my heart get better of my head.

Disillusioned and broken, I drifted away
to seek comfort.
But the strands of friendship I clung to
seemed like illusions

snapping easily..
leaving me in a void.


And then you appeared-
like the first star on my horizon!
With a child-like naivety, I wished on you-
and miraculously, I regained my Faith in Life!

Yes, you drew me to the eye of my hurricane.





Usha, 3 November, '81

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...