Friday 4 January 2008

An Interval

The road home
today
seems to take so long.

I keep seeing you
in that empty seat-
Excited?
Or was it just another
Cover-up?

It's so hard to believe
The days flew by,
And again, it's that
Time of the Season...

Au revoir you murmur;
And you smilingly salute!
I just love it when you do that....

With a sigh now
I unlock the front door,
Oblivious to the frenzy
Of the ecstatic dogs-

I don't notice the
Aftermath of the tornado
that struck, as you packed!

Au revoir I whisper,
Into the empty home...
And wonder-

Could you not leave
Without going away?



Usha, 16 December, '07

4 comments:

  1. Could you not leave
    Without going away?

    how i keep asking this! jz lovely!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sash, I know.. *sigh&!! Thank you for the feelings I know you share too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. juz felt like readin again...! sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Sash... it's been kind of the time I'm going through all over again too!

    God bless :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...