Sunday 8 January 2012

A Class Apart :)

Fifty two faces, bright, clean
Groomed hair, defying the
Dusty wind that
Pushes thru' windows...

Pretty, demure girls (a total pretence :P)
Boys- Steadfast in attitude (a total sham :P)


But, forgiving of their
Nerdy, strait-jacket
Bonkered teachers
All the way!

A burgeoning thirteen (on average)
But going on Twenty :D
In tiny tantalizing peeks
Practising the come-hither
Whatevers! :D

Bold, brassy declarations
Experimenting always
Pushing the limits-
Their own folks'
And mine!

And, much as I do
Shudder, chew imaginary nails
Worry and rage...
I must confess, that
In their sneaky
Absolutely naughty way,

They have me.
Just that!





28 December, 2011
While supervising a test, my own class, VIII 'A'

2 comments:

  1. A teacher ought to behave like the taught
    and remember not to be too stiff and taut.
    Love and respect they say can't be bought,
    the way your wards HAVE you, they must love you a lot.

    52??? Usha you deserve a Param Vir Chakra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Govind, they have me in a spot alright :) I'd like to believe they do like me, and I know I do, them, a whole lot, no matter that they do try my patience very regularly :D!

    52 and a PVC?
    Then maybe an Ashok Chakra or a Bharat Ratna at least, Lol, for the 54 in Classes 9 and 10?
    Right. That is how it is. And still we connect with them. That, truly, amazes most of us, each day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...