Thursday 15 December 2011

Forgotten?

In daily consciousness
Is oblivion-
Memories to negate.
For, what lies in sight
And impinges upon the ear
Oft, are we blind and deaf to.


In forgotten realms
Abutting that consciousness-
Is that where you place me?
Hovering on the fringe
Of your knowing?


Of course, not consciously.
But in off hand negligence
Living the taken-for-granted
Cliché.


I desist, though. And will
Resist. 
Willing myself 
To hammer against that wall
(Clear as glass and just as hard)
Of accidental denial.


Waiting for the pane
To shatter.
So that I can
Yet again, redeem you.





13 December, 2011






Fishing, again :D


6 comments:

  1. How true is that!

    "I desist, though. And will
    Resist.
    Willing myself
    To hammer against that wall
    (Clear as glass and just as hard)
    Of accidental denial."
    Good for you. :) I usually wither and fade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot! The audio was awesome. I missed it the first time and then remembered the FB update. So came back. Usha, I feel I was sitting in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shail :D, you, wither and fade? I refuse to believe that :) :)You're solid and inspirational, and beautiful (I read part of the In the Looking Glass... need to complete it :) )!!
    And thank you for the kind words for the audio :D In my class, eh? Now I understand "awesome".. :P! Thanks a ton! You redeem this ramble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a plan for an attempt,
    to negate the familiarity caused contempt?
    If so you shouldn't voice them and tempt
    the adversary and make him ready for a preempt.

    Took the bait. Your diction gives me a complex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Govind, am happy you took the bait. And happier still with the word you used. Diction. The first time I had to do the "announcement" for a function at school, here, when I had just joined, one of the distinguished members on the dais, a Mr. S. Ramakrishnan (of the Bhavan's), came to me at the end of the meeting and very graciously said that I had good diction. That thrill is revisited today. Thank you! Though, of course, it is tough being a fiendishly almost "correct" speaker of English, hereabouts, these days :D :D Sometimes, I'm the one with a complex :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In forgotten realms
    Abutting that consciousness-
    Is that where you place me?
    Hovering on the fringe
    Of your knowing?

    loved these lines! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...