Wednesday 30 November 2011

Haiku- Tat tvam asi




Alone, in your grace,

When You say; tat tvam asi.

Quietude fills me.


30 November, 2011




Notes: (After an age, I went very early, in the morning, to the temple; the peace was tangible, the air crisp, the feeling of being one with the energy was deeply moving. As I returned, the lines "Aham Brahmasmi/ Tat tvam Asi" the Sanskrit sloka meaning, very simplistically, "I have the divine in me/ You are that (too)" kept repeating itself. I had to write this :) )

More on Haiku, here, with the explanation of what it is. Briefly, it is Japanese Art form, in writing, where you need to use limited number of syllables... only 17, arranged in 3 lines of 5-7-5. I



2 comments:

  1. When the divine is filled in me
    from hatred it sets me free
    peace in this earth to be
    tat-vam-asi.

    I have written something on these lines.But not as crisp as you have. Don't know if you had read it.
    http://satmuse.wordpress.com/2009/01/13/naan-kadavul-i-am-god/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did read that, Govind, and was very taken up by it :) I left a tiny comment there too! Though I am infrequent these days in my visits, the days I do, and the time spent there is always filled with that... peace. You then realize that you too are That. Thank you for your understanding, and the sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...