Tuesday 12 April 2011

My Sun Child II

I dreamed you up,
Years before you ever showed up

And laughed at the way you turned so true
To the way I wished you would be... YOU!

Ticklish and tender, like this one
Any mom would be proud, to have this SON!

All the same, I'm special glad, you're mine
Before anyone else, for you, can pine!

This rhyme is pretty awful, it's a chryme
Still, couldn't let this day pass without a chime

For you, just you, on this beautiful day
That marks your sunny birthday!

I wish the cake I'd baked had risen tall
And stayed soft, like you :) ; instead it chose, to fall...

Still it matters naught a pin
'Coz my baking's not worth the din

I always make when I brag and boast!
So here's to you, a nice peppy toast...

May the blues be chased away, and may all things be sweet and pink :)
May all your dreams, each one, be tinged with the joy of a magic ink
That shall write itself, and draw out those pictures bright, and make you blink
In sheer surprise, amazement, wonder, awe just as if it were from Fairy Tink!

And so I end my chryme, dearest one, saying so...
I love you, but of course, that you already know :)
But never shall I tire, of saying this, all aglow :) :)




God Bless! May your ship always find safe harbour, and pleasant winds, and take you to lands of your dreams! Happy Birthday, Arjun!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Arjun :-)
    Usha, this poem was so touching, so heartfelt.. as a mother of a boy myself, I can SO identify with this... God bless you and your kid, and the special bond that you share :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....lovely lovely rhyme!! :)
    Happy Birthdayyy Arjun!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pallavi, thank you so much! For the wishes, and for the empathy :) and for the warmth! God bless you and yours too!

    Sash... :) :) :) Hehehehe.. chryme is more like it. I had to write, and didnt know what to write, so I committed this chryme :D! Thanks sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the cake despite the din
    This chryme of a rhyme,
    like icing left on the chin :)
    Pliss convey my wishes, though belated
    This cake to taste, tho' I was not fated
    But the sight
    Is such a delight
    Sprinkled with humour
    And red cherries on the top
    Tough to believe it rose and flopped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IHM, sorry for the delay... was just doing a bit of housekeeping here, to reply to comments I havent been able to get to. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...