Wednesday 19 January 2011

Closure

As with Kundera's
Unbearable lightness of being
So with the openness
That begets such heaviness
I face blankness

The vastness of a suddenly vacant consciousness
The vanished vanquished vanity
Of an arrogant artful me
All knowing I was
Oh How I Was

Till this dot of time
A Period
To punctuate a life that flowed
Unhesitatingly, unbeknown to lightness
Of heart, Of feeling, Of being.

Lighter of my excess emotional baggage
I sag. Not lift.
I lag. And drift.

Seeking closure. That which
Will never be, seeing that
I could never
Never
Never let you go.
Ever.



19 January, 2011
Online. Assaying antithetical presumptuous nonsense :D

4 comments:

  1. It has that rawness, that unedited, the not too perfectly polished reality in it.

    Has the endearing passion. Keep this for it shows you as a mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soumya... raw, uedited, unpolished... are keys to writes here anyway... and this one more than most. Lol! Thanks for finding something even in this absurdity :D! Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories like a foot in the door,
    makes letting go a difficult chore.
    Buried thoughts from the times of yore,
    germinate from within as if from a spore.

    Beautiful. Just loved it, especially the pun with "Period"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Govind, thank you. To be honest, I did not realize that figure of speech till you pointed it out in your note! So double thank you :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...