Wednesday 19 September 2012

Homeward Bound



Chugging past a distant memory
Of childhood fun and frolic
Playing in puddles, formed of mischief
Hiding under big banana leaves
From prying eyes of grown-ups!
An aeon hence I find that metaphor again
In the splatter of rain on my window
The blurred vision the yellow sign
Beckoning as it used to
Unhesitant in the welcome, in the warmth
That comforts this aching heart.
They said, you can never go home again.
But each raindrop I've met, since I left
Had a different story to tell - no, stories...
Of that time, when rain was life, 
Before Life came along, and rained responsibilities.
All it takes is this rain splattered window
And that blurred yellow sign
My heart, it sings, 
Revels in rain - and I know
I'm home again!
Inspired, entirely by a poem of a picture (as Govind has put it :) ) by Shail Mohan in the way she bent rules while receiving the Inspiring blogger award from Suranga Date :)
19 September, 2012
Online :)
(Picture courtesy, Shail Mohan )
Psst... another of Shail's wonderful photographs found a Haiku here... :) Or rather the Haiku came out of the photograph there... :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved it..... thank you ma'am...
    please do check out:

    http://aviator1970.blogspot.in/2012/11/expression-of-sentiments.html

    http://indiyatra.blogspot.in/

    any feedback would be welcome

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...