Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Marble in a Bottle


I'm that glass marble
You loved to play with
Kept me polished you did
And loved me true!
I took all those knocks
When you played
Fierce and focussed
With nary a thought
But the win!
Kicked in dirt,
Slammed, and shot
Still, the shine stayed on
Still, I played
Rather, you played me...
You soft caress
Almost unthinkingly teasing
A careless toss
Jingling and tingling
Oh! How I lived for it!
Till today, when, yet again
You played me.
I stayed true
But the shot was off
And a sliver was lost...
As was the game!
Still I stayed
Because you just
Couldn't leave
Me.
Who knew, would another
Play me?
Scarred, am I?
Inviolate, I thought.
It would seem, so did you.
And so I'm kept safe
Rattling around
Looking on, yearning ever
Looking at you
Playing prettier ones...
Too bad, the bottle was made of glass. 
marble





7 May, 2013
Online. I meant to write something else. Funny how you never get to choose  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...